Feedback on: QPR Knowledge Base 2016.1 - Use Free Linking Between ViewsUse_Free_Linking_Between_VieMetrics Training Guide > Graphical Representation of Model Data > Use Free Linking Between Views /Dear Support Staff,
Use Free Linking Between Views
It's possible to customize the link target for each layout item.
Exercise 110: Create a Shape and Use it for Linking.
1. Open the Dentorex Group Scorecard model.
2. Switch to the Hierarchy Views.
3. From the Tool Palette, drag a Picture shape to the Hierarchy View:
4. Right-click the Picture element on the Hierarchy View and select Symbol Layout from the pop-up menu.
5. The Symbol Layout window opens. Remove the selection from the Use shape type's default symbol layout:
6. Right-click the background element and select Properties... (Background shape) from the pop-up menu:
7. The Properties... (Background shape) window opens. On the Shape tab, remove the selections from the Show background and Show outline check boxes.
8. On the Link tab, select No link from the View type drop-down menu, and click OK.
9. From the Items section, drag a Picture item on top of the Background item on the layout:
10. Select a picture from your hard drive and click Open.
11. Similarly as in step 9, drag a Text box next to the picture on the layout.
12. Right-click the Picture element on the layout and select Properties... (Picture) from the pop-up menu.
13. The Properties.. (Picture) window opens. On the Link tab, select Dashboards from the View type drop-down menu and click OK.
14. Right-click the Text box element on the layout and select Properties... (Text box) from the pop-up menu.
15. The Properties.. (Text box) window opens. On the Text tab, type "Dashboards" to the Text box.
16. Switch to the Link tab.
17. Select Dashboards from the View type drop-down menu.
18. On the Shape tab, remove the selection from the Show outline check box, and click OK.
19. In the Symbol Layout window, align the layout items so that the layout looks somewhat as in the picture below:
20. Click OK to close the Symbol Layout window.
21. On the View tab of the ribbon, select Save View from the View menu:
22. Login to QPR Portal, open the Dentorex Group Scorecard model, and select the Scorecards tab.
23. On the Viewing Frame, click the Dashboards item:
The Dentorex Group Dashboard is opened.
See the Link Tab topic in QPR Metrics - User's Guide for more information.